Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Einfach Tanz!

I know I have a lot to cover, I've already started to piece some other "themed" blog posts together so you can get an idea of what my day to day life is like here at Language Camp at Schloss Wittgenstein. But now is not that post, cool things keep happening to me!

I just keep on getting more and more extroverted every day. Never say no is definitely a mantra that I am beginning to live by. To be honest it started earlier this summer when I did crazy, out of character things like going on the giant swinging tower at King's Dominion (against my intense fear of falling). But many curses later, I came down with an exhilarated feeling. The same thing is happening here at the camp.

For example, one of the afternoon activities that we did last week was improv. I don't really act. Or didn't I should say. But I went with it anyway and had a great time. Almost everything was hilarious and it was so much fun to sit there and laugh along. When I finally decided to jump in, some jokes fell totally flat, but if you just smile and move on, you can be the funniest for just a moment. It happens. Whatever to the things that fall flat.

I danced at the Beerfest too. I don't really ever dance. And it was fun. Everyone was so happy, it was hard to stand in the background.

So what do you get when you merge my experiences with putting myself out there by dancing and the Arbeitsgemeinschaften? Capoiera.

Capoiera is a Brazilian fight sport/dance that one of the teachers here knows really well because she spent quite a bit of time in Brazil. We only practiced for half an hour, so I am awful, but it was a total great time.

I can't wait to learn more crazy new things; things I would never have done before. Like Capoiera or improv. I am so ready to take on this year.


Since I don't have any pictures, here is the "best video of capoiera ever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment