Wednesday, July 18, 2012

die Verpackung

I finally have all the pieces of my luggage ready to go. Minus the contents, that is. I packed both the carry-on and the checked bag one yesterday, as a trial run. I was surprised by how easy it was to find 70 pounds of stuff to bring. Luckily there wasn't a whole lot I couldn't fit on my first try, which makes me think I'll be able to fit it all in when the final packing day comes around.

The bulky winter clothes though... They may not weigh a great deal but the amount of space those articles of clothing use is enormous. I could fit four or five shirts in the space two sweaters takes up. We may end up shipping the colder weather stuff to me after I get settled, since I won't be needing it right away. However; super expensive package right there.

For only being eight days out, I'm pretty calm. A few butterflies, but I'm really calm. I wouldn't even say I'm excited for anything in particular either. Might be for the best (a coping mechanism?) though, I can imagine it being quite stressful to go from freaking out from fear to ecstatic all in one day. I don't even have to imagine, actually. I'm calm and content. This will definitely be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment