Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vorbereitungen

I can only imagine the chaos that must be the CIEE office right now. The wonderful people who work there not only deal with all our calls and emails and concerns, but they have also set up a plan and made arrangements for 50 teenagers to tour DC, fly to Germany, and all the things there. It must be a nightmare.

Preparing just one person for the trip is proving to be a lot of work. I haven't been to so many doctors offices in such a short period of time before in my life. In and out of the oral surgeon, dentist for the last cleaning for a year (can't say I'm terribly sad about that...), family doctor for immunization, eye doctor to make sure I have the most updated prescription possible before I leave.

Setting up the foreign bank account is underway. I still haven't the foggiest idea what I am going to do for a cell phone. I'm still looking at luggage options (how much does 50 lb. look like?). Clearing out my room, slowly and painfully. All in under 3 weeks.

This exciting time is finally happening. For the longest time it felt weird telling people that I was going to Germany. It didn't seem quite real to me. But now that I am sitting in offices explaining just why I need to have this or that, it is fast becoming concrete.

So little time and so much to do.

At least I have my passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment